I’d tell my younger self to not worry so much. What about you? Do you believe one of the advantages to growing older (and better) is the perspective you gain from your lifetime of experiences?
Good and bad, nice and not so nice. It’s like having a playlist or a script in front of you for how you want to live going forward.
You can confidently say, “You know what? That doesn’t work well for me, I’m out”.
On the other hand, you may just decide you’re never too old to work on your kissing techniques. It’s all how you choose to play the game of life!
What I’d tell my younger self:
- Yes it’s fun to bake in the sun in your smallest swimsuit, but please at least use some SPF on your hands and the skin between your chin and your cleavage. Once that thin skin gets toasted, it doesn’t forgive!
- Don’t worry about that guy in 7th grade you have a crush on. I guarantee you’ll have a hard time even remembering his name decades later.
- Be kind to yourself. It shows others how to treat you from the start. Reason enough.
- Don’t ever tell yourself it’s too late to start something.
- Enjoy your hair while you still have most of it.
- Learn to laugh at yourself and smile often.
- Love your body with all its imperfections. You get to keep it for a lifetime.
- Don’t take life too seriously. Enjoy your options.
What would you tell your younger self? Don’t forget to be kind!